Are you facing writer’s block?
With the multiple demands of academic life, do you have trouble making time for your writing?
Would you welcome support in warding off the mighty distractor that is the Internet?
Writing is hard work and is often relegated to the bottom of our to-do list. The Mason Institute (MI) organises a fortnightly writing retreat modelled on the Institute for Academic Development’s writing boot camps: a day of writing, away from wifi and phones, and organised around dedicated writing blocks and breaks. The MI Writing Retreats are open to all.
- Day dedicated to writing broadly construed (actual writing for publication, reading in preparation for writing, writing grant applications, project reports etc).
- Protected writing time away from the office (away from meetings, students and colleagues) in a supportive, collegial atmosphere.
- Structured writing time (1-2 hours away from emails and internet, with breaks in between)
- Round up of writing goals.
- Colleagues are usually requested to attend all day, but because we are aware of care duties etc. and wish to be as supportive as possible, colleagues are welcome to attend part of the day, as long as they manage to come and go either during the break, or as quietly as they can.
If you would like to join our mailing list, please email Agomoni Ganguli Mitra at Agomoni.Ganguli-Mitra@ed.ac.uk stating your interest.